Moravian Village of Bethlehem is committed to providing a safe environment for our residents, visitors and staff. Along those lines, the Centers for Disease Control and PA Department of Health have issued guidelines for long term care nursing facilities to implement infection prevention controls that minimize or eliminate the transmission of infectious diseases. To that end, Moravian Village has established the following policy regarding the infection prevention measures that will be required for any visitor who wishes to enter our facility.
All visitors will be asked to read these guidelines. You will have acknowledged your understating of these guidelines by proceeding to the screening steps. Visitors who do not comply with these measures will be asked to leave.
- Visitors must have an appointment made through the Activity Department to visit. It is recommended to call at least 24 hours in advance. Visitors may only visit the resident with whom they have an appointment and they may not wander the facility.
- Fully vaccinated residents and their fully vaccinated visitors will not be required to socially distance or to wear facemasks when they are in the resident’s room or in the Dining Room when no one else is there. In the event another person enters the room, then everyone must wear their facemasks and shields again.
- All visitors will be asked if they have been vaccinated for COVID-19. We will ask to make a copy of your vaccination card. In the event, you do not have your vaccination card with you, we will ask you to sign an Attestation form that acknowledges that you are fully vaccinated.
- All visitors will be screened prior to admission to the facility. The temperature of the visitor will be taken and the following questions will be asked:
- Are you experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19?
- Are you currently being tested for COVID-19 for reasons other than surveillance testing with results pending?
- Have you recently traveled to any place listed as a hot spot for any infectious disease?